Job Point offers assessment and guidance to determine individual potential and a realistic career plan. Personal information gathered indentifies possible employment goals and opportunities.
Classroom experience addresses work-related skills, providing a foundation for managing oneself and communicating with others. Individualized instruction, group discussion, video presentation, hands-on activities and role playing optimize learning.
Support in Getting the Job May Include
- Job trials in the community
- Gaining knowledge of current and future job openings
- Creation of job placement possibilities
- Resume, thank you and cover letter development
- Assistance completing job applications
- Practice interviewing
- Understanding pay and fringe benefits
Support in Keeping the Job May Include
- Balancing personal and work demands
- Assistance with workplace interactions and duties as appropriate
- Problem solving on the job
- Exploring advancement opportunities
- Follow up for 3-12 months