Accredited programs and services include:
Disability Groups Served
Back/shoulder/knee impairment, carpal tunnel/arm/wrist, quadriplegia, paraplegia, amputation, fibromyalgia.
Cerebral palsy, spina bifida, and growth impairment.
Serious and Persistent Mental Illness
Schizophrenia, depression, bi-polar disorder, personality disorders
Alcohol, controlled substance.
Mental retardation/developmental disability, borderline intellectual functioning, and learning disability.
Closed head injury, chemical/substance related head injury, and seizure related head injury.
Deaf, hard of hearing, blind, low vision.
Multiple sclerosis, muscular dystrophy.
Including, but not limited to diabetes, hypertension/high blood pressure, gastro-intestinal disorder, seizure disorder, asthma, and allergies.
- Persons must have a disabling condition which interferes with their vocational development and/or planning
- Persons must have other vocational barrier(s) which interfere with obtaining competitive employment
- Persons must be 17 years old or older
- Persons must have one or more of the following functional limitations:
Employed beneath skill level
Limited vocational skills
Poor job retention
Lack of adequate personal skills
Lack of adequate social skills
Lack of vocational skills
- Persons must be independent in personal care or have accommodations in place
- Persons must be capable of communicating needs
- Persons must be responsible for their own transportation to services
- Fees for services must be paid, typically by a third party
- Current medical examination information must be available as appropriate
- Persons with a history of incidents of harm to others will be considered on an individual case by case basis
Typically, individuals are referred from a counselor with the Missouri Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (MDVR) or Rehabilitation Services for the Blind. If assistance is needed making contact with a referring entity, Job Point staff will assist with this process.
Job Point Disability Services may be initiated on any Monday an opening exists and are completed as the needs of the individual are met.